Where the sun go

Puerto Varas Travel Blog

I awake to a very cloudy Puerto Varas and my plans for sitting on the lake shore are scuppered. I say goodbye to the driver and guide and Guy. I make use of the inclement weather and take a bag of laundry to the laundry, "para manyana" i'm asked "no hoy " i retort.  This spanish is getting easier and easier!! My laundry is weighed and i'm asked to return in the afternoon. I have breakfast in a cafe, of toasted sandwiches and hot chocolate.

I do very little but am able to e-mail some photos home and add some to the blog to make it more interesting for you the readers.
I book a cruise across the lakes to Argentina at great expense, it consists of 4 buses and 3 lakes and will be going on Friday 14th February.
In the evening the sun makes an appearance and I have a sit on the pier looking at the top of a volcano. I retreive my washed laundry for 2.60 pounds.
Back at the hostel I have new room mates, James from Chile and Raphael from Brazil we talk about Football for most of the night before watching a hilarious Chilian game show based on karaoke. I don't think it is meant to be funny but it is. An early night but most needed after the numerous late ones of the last 6 days.

Ricardo Crispio