Rain, Rain ?

Puerto Varas Travel Blog

The very pylon looking "Cross" in Puerto varas
Rain rain go away come back another day!! So day 2 of volcano watching in sunshine from the lake side is postponed. I return to bed. So a late start to the day and I wander up to Parque Philippi, there is a metal cross on the hill and the canopy adventure. The views are only of the town and not of the volcanoes which are covered in cloud anyway.  The cross is covered with light bulbs which gives the unfortunate spectacle of night to look like a blazing cross planted there by the KKK. Back into town I try to make a count of the stray dogs but they keep on moving. The strays are incredibly well fed i'm curious as if they are all strays or are just let out for the day for a mooch around before returning to their homes later. I don't know the answer. More photo uploading and blogging in the cafe before returning to the hostel.
I get my first real surprise when the 3 American girls who I last saw at Puerto Montt turn up even better they run off to the supermarket including me in their dinner plans !! So my first non restaurant meal on day 24 (?). There is red wine as well, even the cheap Chilian Red is excellent.
I engross my self once more at the Kareoke Quiz with it's 5 million peso jackpot.

An early night however sleep interupted by constant snoring by our new room mate, who announced loudly he'd been "partying yeah" and promptly fell asleep, snoring followed in 2 minutes !!! Not happy as had tobe up at 7.30 for my trip.

Ricardo Crispio
Liking Home made Pasta
The very pylon looking Cross in …
The very pylon looking "Cross" in…
Chilian Flag