around china and the world

Shenzhen Travel Blog

in Venice... only it's not really in Venice

The tour for the day wasn't included with what we have already paid on our tour package but it felt like we had no choice but to just go on and pay the additional tour. For what we paid we had our own service van and driver plus our tour guide and it wasn't really expensive so really no complaints or whatsoever.  And plus we were treated nicely and we felt like we were some big time tourists even for just a day!hehe.

First, we drove to Window of the World, a theme park of miniature reproductions of world famous sights and landmarks. Pretty cool to wander around the park and see replicas of really famous masterpieces from many countries... only if it wasn't so hot and humid! The heat was affecting my mood so much I just wouldn't want to walk anymore.

window of the world
There wasn't any wind at all. Would've enjoyed taking pics but really it was soooooo hot it was very hard to smile for a photo.

There was an indoor ski/snow attraction in the park actually but it was unfortunately closed. Ugh! Summer heat can be mean sometimes.  There were a couple of other indoor attractions though that were open like some 4D theater (only they were in chinese so you wouldn't really understand what robot 1 said to the mermaid.... nah there were no such things i just couldnt remember what we watched!).

Anyway, before we left a guy offered me souvenir plates of our pictures in this park and I have to buy them because I couldn't resist not buying a souvenir like pictures. He told me the price was 30 each and there were 3 and if I buy all 3 it would cost 120.

show off. hehe
Shouldn't it be 90 or maybe even cheaper or discounted if I buy all 3 instead of just one? I felt so stupid. There you go, smart me. I only realized that five seconds after I got the plates and the really stupid me didn't do anything about it.

After we left at noon we then had our lunch in a restaurant. It was good but all I can remember was the fish. But really it was good.. And then we went to a jewelry factory. Saw the same stuff in Hong Kong. Only this time they had dragons! Well, actually I bought a dragon-shaped figurine or something that brings luck in hapiness. It was pretty pricey but all I was thinking was hapiness for my family (aawwwww how sweet. haha). Then they brought us to a silk factory. Didn't buy anything. Really not enough money and not really into smooth and really comfy cloths.

not the real one
. (I seriously think those tour guides gets some commision whenever they bring someone to the factory and buys something..)

And then we headed our way to another theme park called Splendid China. This time, the park was all about the famous sights and places of China. So yeah, there were the miniature Great Wall of China, Forbidden City, Terra Cotta Warriors and many others.  There was also a pretty cool horse riding show that we watched. Those kids who performed really got some skills. The place were pretty smelly though...( horses).

The heat and humidity weren't getting any better so we weren't really in the mood anymore to explore the sights. We decided to just take a rest after we found a dining area with a huge fan that was turned on. We sat in front of it and just did nothing. I lied down but a couple of security guards shouted at me for doing so. We then had our dinner but I didn't enjoy it much.

Finally, night was coming and it was getting cool.  We watched a really cool and definitely splendid show still in Splendid China. I felt like we got more than we paid for that day (but the exact opposite with my photo-plate souvenirs case).

in Venice... only its not really …
in Venice... only it's not really…
mini-Taj Mahal
mini-Taj Mahal
another version of Niagara Falls
another version of Niagara Falls
my brother and the Forbidden City …
my brother and the Forbidden City…
some cool horse and horse rider