Sydney Part 2

Sydney Travel Blog

A380 Sydney

After the shock of being in British like autumn weather in Katoomba, I took the 2 hour train journey back to Sydney to spend my last 3 days in Oz. The weather in Sydney had turned cold and definitely a sign that winter was on its way. For my second time in Sydney I had decided to change Hostels and stay in the Wake Up, which was apparently voted the best hostel in Oceania. It had a much younger crowd than the YHA so was better place to meet other backpackers. However it is probably not the best place to get a good nights sleep,  I was on the 5th floor and could still hear the disco in the basement ! You'll also spend half your day waiting for the lifts.

On friday I joined a walk organised by the hostel which took us on a walk from Cooge Bay to Bondi Beach.

Darling Harbour
It was a bit slow paced I got to visit some other parts of Sydney I wouldn't have seen. In the evening I visited Darling harbour, Sydney's equivalent of London's docklands. The following day I headed back to Coogee for my last swim in the sea of my Big Trip. The sea was freezing cold so I didn't stay in for long.

For my final night in Sydney I visited the Sydney aquarium. This has to be one of the, if not the best aquariums in the world. The two large  tanks where you can see sharks and marine life of the Great Barrier Reef are astounding. I saw far more marine life in the aquarium than when I visited the real thing earlier in my trip. That evening I ended up watching the Man U West Ham game downtown after the hostel's toga party turned out to be dead.

The next day it was up early for the penultimate bag pack and early checkout to make my way to my final destination Hong Kong.

Bondi Beach