Sydney Travel Blog

Sydney Harbour
After spending Saturday morning wandering around Brisbane it was to the airport again for my 13th flight of the trip. I now only have 2 left after this and they are the biggies. At least you get free drinks and a decent meal on the long flights. I landed in Sydney and took a short train ride to the central station where my hostel was located. This was first time in a YHA hostel in Oz. It was a pleasant surprise, the whole place was a much higher standard to most hostels and there was no rip off internet or laundry charges. I wished I had stayed in one sooner.

By the time I was ready to explore the city it was already dark, however this didn't really matter and just meant photo taking would have to wait a day. After 40 mins of walking I reached the harbour and got my first look at one of the most iconic views in the world. The Opera house and hrabour bridge. After being in Oz for nearly 4 weeks it was good to finally see something that everybody associates with Australia. Sydney is a great city with plenty to see and do, and after 3 days I have only really touched the surface.

On Monday I went to see the legendary Bondi beach. Unfortunately on the day I visited the weather was rubbish it was cloudy and about 12 degrees. Consequently Bondi resembled a poor version of Newquay in England. At least the beach is much bigger in Newquay even if the waves aren't.
sydney