AsiaMacau

Macau Travel Blog

Macau

For my last day of my big trip I made the 1 hour fast ferry trip from Hong Kong. Macau is a former Portuguese colony and has a large number of colonial period buildings that tourists flock to see. Its also the Las Vegas of Asia with many large themed resort hotels similar to Vegas. When I arrived in Macau  I spent about an hour queuing at Immigration which was annoying as I only had 7 hours to see the place.

I found Macau less tourist friendly than Hong Kong, it was a difficult place to walk around due to the lack of signage.  I must have got lost so many times which was frustrating. Macau is very different to Hong Kong there are a lot less tall buildings and has this interesting mixture of old Mediterranean and rather shabby looking new buildings.  Its certainly worth a visit and there seems to be a lot of more tourists from mainland China there than westerners which makes you feel like you are visiting somewhere a bit special.

After rushing back to the ferry port it was back to Hong Kong to pack my bag for the final time and get some rest before my early morning flight back to London.

Ruins of St. Pauls, Macau