Back Home and final entry.

London Travel Blog

Hong Kong Airport

Well it was up nice and early at 5.30am for my flight back to London. After a faultless journey to the airport the plane left on time and headed back to London. Nearly 13 hours later I arrived back in London to surprise. summer! Rather uncharacteristically for London it was 26 degrees and sunny, which was good as it snowed quite a few times during the two months I was away. Also a big shock was suddenly jumping in to long days of daylight after being in the autumn of the southern hemisphere.

Well after being back for two weeks now its like I've never been away, the carefree backpacker lifestyle is long forgotten and I've been back at work for over a week. To be honest after working continuously for 10 years with out a long break I did find it hard to completely relax on the trip. Many people I met were quite happy to spend months just travelling the entire east coast of Australia.

Airport Express, Hong Kong
I saw this as boring and a of a waste of time. Australia is a very backpacker friendly country to visit, easy to get around and safe. However for me I just didn't get it. Why do so many young Europeans travel 10000 miles to see a continent that is less diverse than their own. Much of urban Australia looked exactly like America which is no problem if you live there, but for a tourist its boring and predictable. Also unlike the US at the moment Australia isn't cheap with most items costing more than they do in so called rip-off Britain.

A big hello to everybody I met on my 56 days on the road, I wish you safe and happy travels, and I'll be back on the road early next year.

For my next trip I think it will have to be south east Asia, but I'll probably go on an organised tour. Although not for everybody as you can’t go at your own pace but you do I see a huge amount in a short period of time which is someone like myself appreciates with short holiday periods to fit in to.

If you enjoyed the photos on my blog checkout my Flickr page at http://www.flickr.com/photos/24876386@N05/sets/ where you can see pretty much every photo I took on my BIG TRIP 08.
London