Arrival in New Zealand

Christchurch Travel Blog

Auckland, NZ

After leaving the Cook Islands very early on Wednesday morning, I finally arrrived in New Zealand a day later on Thursday morning. Ok so it only really took 4 hours to get here and the day change is due to crossing the International Date Line.

Today has been a real struggle as I only got a couple of hours sleep last night. I think I am going to sleep very deeply tonight. So after transferring from Auckland to Christchurch I made it to the motel where I stay for one night before my tour of the South Island begins tomorrow with Ozxposure. Staying in a motel is real luxury after the hostel on Rarotonga. One thing which is differrent is the lack of other backpackers.  I met a great bunch of guys and girls in the Cook Islands and if it is like that every place I stay it will make the travelling around a lot of fun.

Auckland, NZ

My first impressions of New Zealand have been very good. Although getting in to the country is a real hassle. My trekking shoes had to be washed so are now wet, and I was quizzed 3 times on what kind of foods I had in my bags.

The weather in Christchurch was beautiful today, blue skies and sunshine. I'm told this is better than usual as NZ heads in to Autumn.  I hope it stays like this for the next 10 days.

Well I've just about managed to do everything I planned to do today.  Laundry, and update this blog. Sorry still no photos yet - The Internet Cafe does not have a card reader for my camera. It might be a while before anymore updates as I'm on tour now for the next 10 days and I don't know how far from civilisation we are going to get.

Christchurch