travel from JFK in New York to Italy

Rome Travel Blog

Italy from the air

Students and professors from the four participating departments (Technology, Management, Art, and History) began to gather around half past noon at our meeting spot in the DiLoreto parking lot (at Central Connecticut Sate University in New Britain, Connecticut).  I probably arrived a little after 1pm.

With everyone gathered and accounted for we loaded our luggage on the Post Road Stages motor coach, boarded the bus, and left campus sometime before 3:00.  Within a few hours, we had reached John F. Kennedy International Airport in Jamaica, New York.  With my group, School of Technology, I had lunch in the food court before boarding Alitalia flight 611 to Rome.  After a 20-minute delay we left the ground at 7:54pm (1:54am Saturday by Italy’s time).  As usual it was too hot in the cabin of the 747.  It was so hot and dry in there my nose nearly bled and my lips would surely have split if I’d so much as smiled.

I tried to spend some time in the air working on our report for the Concrete Canoe Competition, but didn’t get much of it done.  The in flight meals were nothing special, but the cheese ball packaged in red wax was good.  Too bad there were no seconds.  I set my watch six hours ahead to Italian time and tried to get some sleep.

photo by: vulindlela