down in Amish Town

York Travel Blog

Brandon, Tammy and I at Ruby Tuesdays

After about 2 hours of driving Brandon wakes up as I get off the turnpike and into the Lancaster area of Pennsylvania.  He helps me get to Tammy's house and we head up to her porch to say "HI".  We get into her cavelier and she said she wanted to take us to this crepe place called Rachel's Cafe & Creperie on North Queen Street.  The only problem is it is 3PM on a Sunday and they close at 3PM.  In fact as we walk down the street EVERYTHING is shut down.  So that pushed out the chance to going to Intercourse, PA or Bluball ,PA or virginville, PA as they're all smaller amish towns than Lancaster.

So since I needed to stop off to get a charger for my GPS so I could get home we headed to York, PA to hit up a Best Buy and then we went to Ruby Tuesdays for lunch/dinner... I seem to be doing alot of those on this trip.  We get to Ruby Tuesdays and get a nice booth (it's very quiet in there) and the waitress comes over for our orders.  It was not brandon's day... first off he wasn't feeling well, which inturn made him irritable and then he went to order shrimp and they didn't have any coctail sauce.  He was really upset about that.  The dinner was good... Tammy and I talked about friends from college and how stupid some of them are and Brandon enjoyed listening to how idiocracy can be so amusing.

After dinner Tammy took us to Nissley's wine shop in the local mall where I was able to get a bottle of wine for my friend Jon.  We went in and got to taste the wines and I found a nice robust red wine for Jon and got a dessert wine called Black Raspberry for me.  Oh my gosh, this black raspberry wine was so good... you have to get a bottle when you get over this way!

Upon night fall Brandon and I head out... at this point we're not going to get home until 10PM at the latest but probably pushing 11PM.  As I'm driving I keep asking Brandon if he's ok, if he needs anything and if he does to tell me and I'll stop.  He told me that even though I'm sick and probably sicker than him I'm making his needs go before mine... and that I'd make a good mother someday.  That was sort of a nice compliment.

Brandon, Tammy and I at Ruby Tuesd…
Brandon, Tammy and I at Ruby Tues…
photo by: esterrene