Finally Some fun in the Sun!!

New Smyrna Beach Travel Blog

View from the condo

We woke up the next morning and headed out to New Smerna Beach which is about an hour or an hour and a half away.  On the way there we have the top down enjoying the ride... Brandon looks back and sees shannon shivering in the back seat with her hoodie up... he tells me to pull over and we pop up the top.... on the way there we pass through Christmas, FL where Shannon says everybody mails their christmas cards from every year and we also see a marsh where cows are grazing.  I have never seen cows grazing in swamp lands before this... it was really interesting.  We met up with Shannon's mom, aunts and uncles for lunch (sadly I forget the name of the restaurant)...

We head out to their time share and put our stuff down and head down to the Beach.

Brandon and I rocking it
  Brandon was so excited... all he wanted to do was go to a beach and was talking about it for the past 2 weeks.  Sadly I'm not a beach dweller and he was bummed about that cuz he thought that meant we weren't going.... but as any great friendship goes there's always compromise.  We head to the sand and take bunches of photos.... there's people fishing from the edge of the surf, there's kids building sand castles and cars driving up and down the beach.  Brandon and I walk along the water (shannon again thought it was too  cold) and we start to collect some shells up... I also had to get a bag of sand for my employee micah.  a couple weeks ago he went to california and I asked him what he brought me back... he said nothing unless I wanted a bag of sand... I told him why not; people make that art work from sand all over the world, I could put it in a jar and start mine.
Shannon, her mom and I
.. so my goal was to get him sand from places I've been that had sand, in NYC I got him some from Coney Island and then I wanted to get some for him in Erie, PA and maybe some sludge from the river in Pittsburgh.  As we were walking around we found this claw from a crab just laying around... he thought it was the coolest thing and wanted to take it back so we put it in the collection!

After running around on the beach and taking a dip in the pool we parted ways with Shannon's family and headed out to Giordano's Deep Dish Pizza place in Orlando... I saw an ad for it and that was an amazing pizza place in Chicago (the only other place to eat it---here's the review http://www.

travbuddy.com/Giordanos-v3896) and I told her we had to go!  So we made the drive back and headed out to meet her boyfriend, Eric, for dinner.  And being the nice boyfriend he was he picked up some sushi for Shannon because she's allergic to glutton and can't eat pizza... awww.... The pizza in Orlando wasn't as good as I remembered it in Chicago but none the less it was still delicious! (by the way at this point I was starting to feel a little under the weather---remember how I said that yesterday?)

On our way back we got to stop at this ice cream place called Twistee Treat (here's the review http://www.travbuddy.com/Twistee-Treat-v191039) and it was amazing.  They have over 27 different flavors of soft serve ice cream there!  Definitely worth the trip to get it!

Fishing in sand holes?