The 7 Train ride

Flushing Travel Blog

Shae Stadium

Brandon and I rode the train up to Times Square with Amanda and her friends then we went over to the 7 train and headed out to Queens to get another baseball stadium out of the way for Brandon.  The train ride was nice... as we were riding Brandon asked me what the ship looking things were... well, we were looking at different things.  I saw these 2 things that looked like rocket ships... but he was pointing to the saucers from the 1939 Worlds Fair!  I looked at him, sort of perplexed because he is a movie nut... he can name any scene from almost any movie... and what movie were they in where it's explained?  Men in Black.  I

It was nice and sunny outside as we were riding on that train so we were fortunate... but looks can be deceiving!  Well, we got off the train and headed over towards the stadium where you could see the new one being built right next to it.

Shae Stadium
  Man... that wind was blowing harsh!  I started to get wind burn on my face!  Yikes!  We walked all around the stadium... took pictures farther away.

I saw what looked like a board walk that headed to the Worlds Fair sight... but alas the parking lots in the way and the buildings in the way I couldn't make it... so that was sad.  I'l have to make time to do that next time I go to NYC.

We took the train back into town and on the train I asked Brandon if he felt it was worth it, to go and just see the stadium and not go into it?  He said that it wasn't as fulfilling as when we actually got to tour Yankee Stadium last year.  Which I'm confused as why the Mets don't do tours but their biggest rivals do!  Hmmmm... maybe you should open it up to the public!  Of course maybe it usually is and since they're opening the  new stadium it's shut down... maybe I will never know.

The new Mets Stadium