I'm in my new house

Ubud Travel Blog

The trip has been spectacular so far. Paige and I had a great time on the beaches. Everyone we have met, both local and foreign, has been kind and happy. I have even met some people from Burning Man here! We were out dancing the other night and they just looked like the were burners, so I asked, and they were! Many people I have met live here, so I have a local SIM card and have swapped #s with people.

We met some kitesurfers from Melbourne who we dined with and had some drinks with on several occasions. Very nice guys and one girl. All the Aussies Ive met here have been fun, super easy to chat with, and good people.

But Paige's flight sadly was yesterday, and she is home in Bangkok again. So I also packed up my bags and headed up to meet Chaz in Ubud, where he has been living for 5 months. Ironically, he was my neighbor in Redondo Beach, and now we are neighbors once again! He was able to secure me a house directly next to his sort of for as long as I want for $250/mo. It's a pretty amazing space and even cheaper than staying in a hotel night by night. The house has 2 indoor rooms (my bedroom is up a flight of stairs). The kitchen and one of the sitting areas is roofed, but open air, as is the bathroom, which is pretty cool. I have a fridge and a burner, so I can keep some light food at home, although eating out is cheap and delicious here.

So Im settling in. Chaz is totally dialed into the area, so for the next few days he will be my guide. He even has a spare laptop for now, so I am writing this blog on my couch at home!

Bali weather continues to be hot and beautiful. There was a praying mantis over my couch at my house. The frogs are quite vocal, and I will awake every day here to the rooster doing his thing. Lots of yoga and organic foods and massage. I think this shall be a special place for me.
Bolt says:
I am sure after this trip, if not already, you will see why I LOVED living in Australia for the year. They are good people.
Posted on: Jan 16, 2008