more on Bali

Bali Travel Blog

Yesterday was Paige's 30th b-day, so it was her day.  It started on the beach where the sun was blazing and the waves were intense.  We are staying in Seminyak, and to be honest, the beach is not the most beautiful nor the cleanest beach I have seen.  However, I did bring my hula hoop and danced it up on the beach, which the Balinese surf teachers loved.  I have found that the Balinese, although wanting you to buy CDs or ugly jewelry, are quite friendly and smiley people.  We couldn't stand the sun after about 1pm, so headed out into town.  I am extremely sunburned as is Paige.  The rest of the day involved massage, pedicure, and then drinks for Paige's bday.
  Most of the travelers here are Austrailian, so we met a bunch of very friendly guys and girls at the resort next to ours who we chatted with and had drinks until 4 am.  Today we were supposed to tour the island, but the driver never showed.  So we are having an easy afternoon (I think Paige is a bit hungover...she never ever drinks!) and then will be heading to a temple on a tiny island to watch the sunset.

I still have not talked to Chaz to see if my house in Ubud is secured for the month.  Frankly, I do not care whether it is or not.  At this point, I will be in Bali until 2/5, which is less than a month, and therefore, I do not need to spend the entire month's rent.

Not much else to report.  We will be touring tomorrow, hopefully, and we have also looked into a dive trip which may occur later this week.  But the dive prices are expensive here! $90 for 2 shore dives including lunch and equipment.  I must do some comparitive shopping.
Bali