we made it to Bali!

Bali Travel Blog

After two quiet days in Bangkok (I was quiet, not the city), I arrived in Bali, Indonsia at noontime today.  The travel was a pain...I had a four hour layover in Jakarta, but nothing to complain about other than being tired.

Paige and I arranged a hotel online that had decent reviews, but we do not love it.  Our agenda at the internet cafe right now is to say hi to loved ones via email and skype as well as check for a new place to stay.

We are staying in the beach area called Seminyak.  It is indeed beautiful, but it is not taking our breath away.  Some stretches of beach are dirty and the locals are eager to ask again and again if you will buy their wares.  We may be heading off to ritzier Sanur tomorrow.  We are also going to check dive shops and tour guides for info for this week.  Yippee!! Back diving for me.

Stevo2000 says:
So jealous... I wanna go diving so bad... and it's been raining here since Friday. have a safe trip, boobaloo. I'm leaving for Brazil in 3 weeks. I still can't get Ed to send me his flight details or the address for the apartment we're staying at... very frustrating to make travel arrangements with a Dutchman with a MJ habit.
Posted on: Jan 07, 2008