Clowns.. Clowns.. funny clowns

San Francisco Travel Blog

Osha Thai Restaurant

Cirque du Soleil ~ Kooza finally!!! We have been waiting for this day to come for so long, well.. actually ever since we first purchased the tickets.  I was so happy that I joined the bandwagon of those who were willing to go see Kooza here in SF for the price that we paid.  Just a few of us gals went.  Myself, my sis Ren, Tessa, Virginia, and cousin Aundrea.  Our 5th person was kind of hard to fill.  The original five was R, R, T, V and LilliAnn but she ended up going to see Kooza with another friend.  So since she felt bad that she had to cancel on us she offered (out of the kindness of her heart but really pretty much obligation hehe) to pay for half the ticket if someone would take on the other half, or pay for the whole thing if we would be unlucky to fill her spot.

Inside Osha
  Puh shhh... (I dunno how cousin Joey says it but it's something like that.. kind of like a sound or little line to express something that is a piece of cake or no big deal) Kooza are you kidding me, we had a lot of offers especially since the ticket was half off.  I believe the ticket was somehow reserved for ate Jasmin, Melanie, and then Aundrea.  After all the confusion the decision was final with A to be our 5th person on the starting line up for Cirque du Soleil ~ Kooza.  Haha, like a basketball team.. but yeah whatever kinda sorta funny.

With that set in stone, our plans were to meet in San Francisco and roll into the circus tent together.  But, but, but before all that excitement after leaving our place in Newark, sister and I drove to Hayward to pick up V and we crossed the bay bridge together.

Intersting lighting fixtures
  With much laughter and interesting conversation filling little "Penny Pilot" all the way to SF.  We made our way to Osha, where we would meet with T and have our dinner before the main event.  We were driving and driving around and we came up to Osha and I thought to myself.. where are we?  I thought we would be going to Osha that is right by the Kristy Yamaguchi Ice Rink (where we ate after ice skating last time for Theresa's b-day) but little did I know there were two locations (Doy! maybe it was mentioned to me briefly once before but I totally forgot hehe oops).  O well, that works too.. Osha is Osha.. my favorite PAD THAI!!

So at Osha we ordered, and snapped some photos.  Enjoyed the ambience of the restaurant, set up was beautiful and calm.  Then our food arrived and so did T.

Hehe what service huh, T.. Take off your coat, sit and chow down.  Lol.. we all got a kick out of that.  It was cool, better us to arrive at the restaurant first since there was 3 of us rather than her arrive first, the lonely 1 (most likely to be perceived by the staff as Miss Loner.. hehe j/k..) so it all worked out well.. and so eating time begins. =) actually =D big smile is needed for this.  I don't know what it is about their pad thai but ohmigoodness it drives me crazy.  I love it so much.. their pad thai is what made me crave pad thai for the looooooooongest time.  And make me want to eat it all the time.  I definitely recommend that you go there if possible.

After the bill was paid, jackets, scarves, and gloves were on, we left the restaurant to go pick up the last and final addition to the Kooza group.

We picked her up and we started to make our way to AT&T park where we would then find the pretty little yellow and blue striped tent (which is funny because when we were approaching I mentioned it looked like it was getting exterminated or fumigated.. because that is usually the color the house wraps are when someone is having that done, weird huh.. but no no no.. it was pretty because we were going to see clowns and all kinds a amazing things!!).  When we got inside, the tent was filled with all these people, everyone here to see this incredible act that will be entertaining us for the next 2 hours.

The time came for us to take our seats and we happily even excitedly pranced to find our seats.  Okay we didn’t prance but we were so excited that we pretty much did a little circle to make it over to our seats.

Pretty weird, the seating was really tight and close together that we thought the only way to get to our seats was to go way down to the bottom, across to the right then up again towards our supposed seats.  Funny thing is we figured out during intermission that from the entrance we could’ve just turned to our right and asked people if we can get through the row and poof at our seats we would be.  No biggie, all part of the adventure, all part of the night of jolly great fun.

Cirque du Soleil ~ Kooza was truly amazing and will definitely stay etched in my memory forever.  This was my first time to witness a Cirque du Soleil performance, and I can honestly say I cannot wait for another Cirque performance.

No matter where it may be, San Francisco, Vegas (I’ve heard ones that have been performed there were great, so I can’t wait for those!) or where ever I'm sure it will be positively fantastico ;) .  Throughout the performance we were entertained by the extremely talented acrobatic, athletic, coordinated, flexible and daredevilish circus folk.  Unbelievable and heartpounding performance.  I was so sad when it came to an end.  But I was happy that I went along with everyone for Kooza.  What a great night it was =) SMILE!!

TradewindsHD says:
Kooza Rocks!!!!
My 5yo got it for his Bday from us and we had such a blast! Just last friday
Posted on: Jan 18, 2008
lauro says:
i got tickets to cirque de soleil but i didnt went now i regretted it! :(
Posted on: Jan 06, 2008
The infamous yummylicious PAD THAI
The infamous yummylicious PAD THAI
Our pic - KOOZA
Our pic - KOOZA
The circus tent
The circus tent
Inside the crowded tent - since we…
Inside the crowded tent - since w…
Kooza
Kooza
Pretty mask
Pretty mask
My cousin modeling a pretty little…
My cousin modeling a pretty littl…
Cool huh!!