Sevilla and surrounds

Sevilla Travel Blog

Cathedral in Sevilla
Sevilla is just a 3 hour bus trip from Granada and is meant to be the Flamenco capital of Spain. I visited the Alcazar on the first day there, which is yet another Arabic influenced ruin. The gardens there are lovely. I had my first sample of the tapas in town that night with my American friend from Granada. We also tried to find the venue for the free flamenco show, but had no luck in the maze of streets and alleys.

A girl from my dorm room, Monica, and I got up nice and early to spend the next day in Cordoba. The main attraction there is the Mezquita, an old Cathedral. We were rather unprepared for the cold - it was only 6 degrees - so we only spent a few hours in town. When we arrived back in Sevilla, we had our very own entertainment - There was an accordion player busking outside our window.
Building of the Alcazar
After enjoying that, we joined the free tapas tour for some more yummy food. The tapas wasn't as cheap as in Granada, but it was still great. We also managed to find the free flamenco show that night.. ola!!

Again, Monica and I got up early, but this time to visit the beach town of Cadiz. The weather was definitely warmer.. and I even went for a swim! It was a fantastic relaxing day, as we had a picnic and sangria on the beach. As this was my last night on continental Europe, we had to get back in time to meet up with a bunch of people for my last hoo-rah. There was 12 of us out that night, and after more tapas and drinks, it was time for bed.

My flight back to London wasn't until the evening, so I spent the day with a few people wandering around Seville. We went to the cathedral, which is the 3rd largest in the world. We also visited Plaza Espanol, which was used in one of the new Star Wars films. We had time to visit the famous bull ring too, although we didn't go in! Amongst all the sightseeing, we also had a great paella for lunch. I was very sad to be leaving Europe behind, but I'll be back!!!

Inside the Alcazar
Inside the Alcazar
There were lots of painters scatte…
There were lots of painters scatt…
Garden in the Alcazar