Strolling Through Scandinavia

Stockholm Travel Blog

Stockholm
The first holiday of the year is a week off for our half-term, otherwise known as Fall Break. To see a new part of Europe, and to pay homage to our collegiate roots, a group of friends and I decided to scamper up north to Scandinavia and visit the capital cities of Stockholm, Sweden and Oslo, Norway (the country from which Luther's founders came). Each city seemed vastly different from each other, and each gave my group of friends and I a different taste of Scandinavia.
Timeless in its architecture and street design, I found that Stockholm is to Scandinavia what Salzburg is to western Europe: perfection. Its narrow, cobbled, pedestrian roads would wind throughout its old town, leading my friends past various cafes and shops uniquely Scandinavian, seemingly unscathed by American chains or commercialism. Its mostly bleak weather did nothing to break our spirits, but in fact gave us an excuse to buy Swedish mittens and stop into more cafes to escape the cold. With an incredible group to travel with, my trip to Stockholm will always remain in my head as one of my favorites I've taken since arriving in Europe.

The streets of Stockholm