I don't believe you...

Calais Travel Blog

So after hitching to Calais from Brussels and having to spend the night sleeping on the floor at the ferry terminal, I get ready to catch the first boat in the morning to Dover and what do I know, rather than just walking through as is the normal immigration procedure in my experience, I end up being inter(viewed)rogated and three hours after my initial approach to the passport control they decide that I actually can enter the Kingdom of Unitedness, but only for six days, if I'm not out by Tuesday I'll be in a spot of bother, but I have the ferry booked for Monday anyway.

There is so much more to this story, but well you'll just have to come visit me and we'll have a cup of tea and I'll tell you a few of the incredible things that have been happening in my life lately that I've not been finding the time to put up on here of late. If you read this and you're really interested let me know, and perhaps I can make a much more detailed account :)

Hope you're all wonderful and shiny!

maplefanta says:
Damn Brits, Avoid them and vote for now on to cancel the queen on your dollar ;)
Seriously, good that anything went fine afterwhile but it can truly be annoying! I will wait for the cup of tea!
Posted on: Dec 02, 2006
X_Drive says:
Sounds like you nearly got more time to write than you'd ever want. Not sure if they would have provided internet or not but probably not. Good to know you are alive and well. :)
Posted on: Dec 01, 2006
lasersurge says:
very alive, so much has been happening, the past few months have really been incredible and there is so much to write about. If you've been following maplefanta's blog at all you can read about us hitching in france and belgium together, but i should get around to writing some stuff at some stage, just have to find that stage... hmm, stage finding, hooray for being alive
Posted on: Dec 01, 2006