AsiaChinaTongren

From Guiyang to Tongren

Tongren Travel Blog

DongShanSi, an old temple of the town.
Another sunny but cool morning, which is typical for high plateau.
The airport of Guiyang is small in size, and because it was just around 8:00, I could enjoy a quiet moment.
It seemed that I was the only traveller on the small DC-9, others were locals comming home or moving for their business.
We arrived in Tongren after about 40 minutes.

Tongren is a small town, but it is the hub for the region around.
I decided to go to Tongren town first, to update some local information before going to Fenghuang.
It was about 15 minutes from the airport to the town with minibus, and I got a taxi to ask and get to a travel agency.
(Taxis in Guizhou are very cheap, but it's somehow difficult to find an empty one)
I talked with staffs in there.

They told me that:
1. FenJingShan, a mountain which is famous for its golden snub-nosed monkey and buddhist sites, was difficult to reach because of the repair work of a road to there. They said that it will be completed in Oct.2007.
2. The bridge collapse, which caused my ticket canceled, didn't affect traffic between Tongren and Fenghuang.
3. A rail road station had just completed in Tongren, one can go to Chengdu from there, and there are several busses depart from the station, includes a bus for Fenghuang.

I left the travel agency, walked to a small hill with DongShanSi, the oldest temple in Tongren and now a museum of architecture on it.
The buildings were not very attractive, but the picture collection of the town in early 20 century worth visit in it self.
View from the top of the hill was great.

Then I headed for the rail road station, and took a bus for Fenghuang.
DongShanSi, an old temple of the t…
DongShanSi, an old temple of the …
Same as above
view of Tongren, from a mountain w…
view of Tongren, from a mountain …
Tongren