New York Travel Blog

We finally arrived safely in New York City, but not as quick as expected. We had a drunken woman on our plane who made some trouble up there, what caused some time at the airport. After that we had to wait ore than two hours in the immigration queue before we could enter the city. From JFK airport, we took the Airtrain to Howard Beach subway station. If you do it like this, you have to pay $7 for leaving the airtrain station. We jumped on the 8 Ave express train, which got us pretty fast to Port Authority bus terminal, where our hotel, the Milford Plaza is located. I really recomend the express train for such long trips, because they’re not stopping on every station.
If you wanna stay in Midtwon the Milford’s location is unbeatable. It’s directly around the corner of Times Square, on 8th Ave between 45th and 46th, so you’re pretty much in the middle of everything and that at a good price (of course, not around this time). Our room is nice, clean and simple and on the 12th floor and has it’s window on the back, so we can see a bit of Times Square, the Paramount Building and a few theaters on 45th. The room has a very cool entertainment system with a Nintendo Gamcube and lots of brandnew Blockbuster Movies. We’re never using it, but hey, it’s cool.
After our arrival I’ve usually planned to walk a bit around in Midtown but Ewa was so tired that she immediately fall asleep as soon as she was lying on the bed for a minute. So I went alone a bit through the streets, first on Times Square, then to Bryant Park, down to 34th and back. It was a pretty good feeling for me to be back, because I really love this city.
I took no photos so far because I’ve forgot the memory card of my camera. I tried to get one on those tourist trap-stores on Times Square but the prices there are from another dimension. So funny, they tried to take $200 for a 4 GigaByte Compact Flash Card.. Haha :) So photos are coming with the next post..
New York