New York, New York

Berlin Travel Blog

Yeeehaaaa, the next trip is around the corner, or better said, we’re already on our way. This trip was a birthday gift to Ewa’s Birthday on 23th December (she’s become 30, but looks like 22 :)) and kind of a last-minute idea for a special birthday/christmas gift, she’ll never forget. First I was thinking of going to Paris, London or beatiful Stockholm for a few romantic days, but then I’ve decided to jump over the atlantic ocean to enjoy the awesome christmas atmosphere, NYC has to offer. To make the trip perfect we’ll gonna stay for New Years Eve, too.
The problem with this trip is, that it’s nothing for tight budgets especially the prices for hotel rooms are exploding around NYE. I’ll put a little cost overview below. There we’re staying at the Miford Plaza hotel, which is directly around the corner of Times Square, 42nd street and, very important, Port Authority Bus Terminal
Anyway, as soon as I’ve booked the flights, I told my buddy Steve, who lives in Ohio, that I’ll be around and we decided to meet in Columbus. So I’ve cancelled one night in our hotel for a one-night stay at Steve’s house. On our way back to NYC we’ll make a quick stop in Philadelphia to do some Rocky Balboa tourism (Philly is only 90 minutes away from New York City). I wanna climb up the steps at Philly’s Art Museum, you maybe know from the Rocky movies. But more on that later.

Here are a few price informations on the trip so far (listed in the currency I’ve paid, prices for both of us):

Air Berlin Flight Duesseldorf (DUS) to Berlin Tegel (TXL): 134,00 EUR
Delta Flight Berlin Tegel (TXL) to NYC (JFK): 1105,29 EUR
United Flight NYC (LGA) to Columbus, Ohio (CMH), return to Philadelphia, PA (PHL): $437.60
Train ride Philadelphia to NYC Penn Station: $80.00
TuiFly Flight Berlin-Tegel (TXL) to Colgone (CGN): 175,96 EUR
7 nights at Milford Plaza hotel, NYC Midtown: $2417.44

So, not a cheap trip this time, but Ewa’s smile is worth it :)  We have to hurry now, the plane leaves in a couple of minutes.

Berlin