flying high in the sky

Pittsburgh Travel Blog

So the other day I was talking with my friend Dan... he works IT for FedEX and was going to NYC for business but staying in Queens and working in Queens.  He told me that he'd never been to NYC before and when I asked him what he was excited to do he replied by sitting at the hotel bar.  What?  How can you never have gone to NYC and just hangout at the hotel bar?  He said that he'd get lost and when I told him that the subway was easy and didn't believe me.

So I did what any good traveler (with free flying privileges) would do and I told him I'd meet him after work at the airport.  He was floored but excited.

I started out by going to the airport (I live right next to PIT), after calling the number to put my name on the list.  When I called it was probable that I'd get on the flight at 10AM... I should've gotten a earlier flight because the 7:30 was wide open; but I hate mornings.  So I go and wait for all the paying passengers to board... and there was someone with more seniority than I to get on the flight so I got bumped.

I left and went to get a quote on my dented bumper of my car and ate some grub and did some yard work and came back for the 4:10PM flight... which, if my calculations were correct, would get me into NYC right when Dan was getting off of work which would be perfect.  Because if I did get the earlier flight I'd go into town then have to go back up the LGA to go get Dan (he was staying at the Hyatt...I believe...next to the airport).

So I don't know about any of you, but I vowed to work that my travels would not interfere... so I was on a conference call at PIT and it ended pretty much when the gates were closing... score  I made it and looked like a good worker!  =)

The plane ride to LGA was really nice.  I've never been on a plane for sunset (only sunrises) and it was B-E-A-Utiful!  And the best part was is the taxiing is about the same amount of time as the flight so I got to enjoy it alot!

Pittsburgh