Long bus journey - Marrakech to Erfoud!

Midelt Travel Blog

Had breakfast and fresh juice, and made my way to the bus stand. Bought my bus ticket to Erfoud, bus due to leave Marrakesh at 3.45pm, so spent time shopping, relaxing, eat sweet cakes and drinking coffee and tea.
The first bus broke down, so had to wait a while for the replacement bus, not overly excited about the 4 hour bus trip (memories from India keep coming back to haunt me!). Finally set off about 5.00pm
Made friends with a few people, a chinese couple, an american couple and a couple of Berbers, so made the journey a little more bearable. We finlly set off, I hadn't realised the trip was round the north of the atlas mountains, via Tamelelt, Bzou, Cascades d'Ouzat, Ouaouizarht, Kasba Tadla, Midelt (Ireached here 5am) then finally Er-Rachidia, then Erfoud.
I was knackered getting into Erfoud at 8am as the bus had broken again, delaying us even more. I should have stayed on, as everyone else was getting off at Rissani, but realised after the bus left - so got a taxi to Rissani.
Finally caught up with the American couple Chris and Sayward, and ended up travelling to Merzouga with them, and staying in the same guesthouse - Sahara Auberge.
Midelt