Australia and Bali 25. September - 21. October 2007

Australia Travel Blog

Hello everybody!

My first holiday without my parents....and I went to the other side of the world.
Ofcourse I was very afraid to get homesick, but it all went very well!

On the 25. my holiday started, together with a friend I just met 4 or 5 times before we went on a holiday together.
I just graduated as a teacher and really needed a break. So..off to the other side of the world!

We started in Sydney ( a week), to go to a concert from Josh Groban (Judith and I are both fans of him) in the Sydney Opera House.
Besides going to a concert we had a whole list of other things we wanted to see. Ofcourse we didn't have time enough to see everything.
The few of the things we did see:
* Sydney Opera House (in- and outside)
* Harbour Bridge
* the Rocks (market and old buildings)
* Manly beach, Shelly beach (and some panoramic views there)
* Taronga Zoo
* Darling Harbour
* Balmain (a trip on the ferry.
Blue Mountains
..longer then expected because we took the wrong ferry)
* Blue Mountains
* Hunter Valley

I don't really like big cities like Sydney...so I was very happy that we went to beautiful places like Hunter Valley and the Blue Mountains.
After this week of walking, create blisters on your feet and get tired of sleeping in a big hostel with noise al the time and terrible beds...we were flying to Darwin, in the north of Australia.
In Sydney it was extremly warm for the time of year...25-30, but Darwin is a always hot. So the first day we stayed at the swimmingpool. Cool down a little and let our painfull feet rest, because we would need them on our trip to Kakadu National Park.
Kakadu National Park (by Jim Jim Falls)

So we went to the park for 2 amazing days...far to short..but we just didn't have more days to spend!
I really loved it! So beautiful, pure, silent, peacefull, etc. and a big adventure....big spiders, snakes etc.. (I haven't seen 1 of them) but I also learned alot. So....I would advise that tour to anybody...It's great!

So after a short week in Darwin/ Kakadu National Park we went to the airport again and went to Bali (Indonesia).
I've been to Bali 3 times before, so I know my way there. Bali is beautiful and amazing, and nice, Whatever other people may say in a negative way (look at certain governments...) the people are great, nice, peaceful, kind, etc. (if you are nice to them...treat other people the way you like to be treated!!!)
For almost two weeks we stayed at a beautiful bungalow in the middle of Bali (Ubud). We went on a downhill bike-tour, we went rafting, rent a bike in the town and ride around in the neighbourhood. We went to the market, my friend went diving, we went to the 'silvertown' and went to the beach and some temples.
If you want to see and hear more about it...or have questions...just let me know!

See you!
Priscilla
Blue Mountains
Kakadu National Park (by Jim Jim F…
Kakadu National Park (by Jim Jim …
view from Taronga Zoo
view from Taronga Zoo
SOH by night
SOH by night
Darwin
Darwin
Sweet!!
at Uluwatu (South Bali)
Sweet!! at Uluwatu (South Bali)
North of Ubud (Central Bali)
North of Ubud (Central Bali)