Rock Close: Can’t help it. It’s nay-cha (nature)

Blarney Travel Blog

On Ground again, started walking to the Rock Close to marvel again on the unrivalled beauty of  Mother Nature.

I did not get disappointed, the light rain shower, made the whole forest more vibrant green.

I spotted the megalithic structure, dolmen first, a little bit further  I  bump into  the secluded passageway, descended by a steep flight of stone steps, called the Witch’s stairs. Walk backward downs with eyes closed – and without stopping for one moment to think of anything other than a wish, then that wish will come true within a year….It may be true, but the stone is slippery so I might end up wishing I didn’t  do it.

I paid my tribute to the Witch’s Kitchen, contemplate at the Druid’s circle and tried not to imagine anything at the sacrificial Altar.

I was taking a picture of the Head Druid’s cave, when a man suddenly emerged from it, i was so surprised that it made me jump and my camera nearly fell off. He said I can touch him, if I wanted to be sure that he’s real :p.

Look at the Witch Stone and you’ll realize who was imprisoned there, and I was really amazed by this nature sculpture.

And of course, I remember to smell at the flowers in the Fairy Glade.

All in all I can say that the  greens are  intense, each crevice of stone, crevasses on the ground  are enchanting, if not enchanted.

Concluding my Blarney affair, others find the place and experience amazing, while the rest find it too hyped up and too passé. Personally, I was miffed with enchantment, for a day, I was transported back to my musings when I was a child, I got the feeling back of a curious child and feeling amused and amazed at the same time, that for me is simply mystical.

the_bloodsucker says:
*serious* love your work, ate nina. you let us appreciate things we usually just ignore. =D
aoisoba says:
nakipagdate ata sila :P
lauro says:
bakit di k makita yung nasa flicker uploaded?
Druids Circle
mum said i should eat my veegies
mum said i should eat my veegies
blegh
blegh
yes there are cows there...for sal…
yes there are cows there...for sa…
ohmmmm