The beginning

Mangalore Travel Blog

So, how do I start? All right.. Here you go. Prashant and I are colleagues at a multi national software service firm (Infosys Technologies Limited... Yep a little geek stuff) and have been good pals for 2-3 years. We both work in Mangalore, Karnataka, the beautiful coastal town by the Arabian Sea. Prashant is from Mumbai city (formerly Bombay) and a fun loving person who appreciates the greenery of Southern India. I'm born and raised in Thrissur, Kerala  - the Cultural Capital in God's Own Country as per our tourism flyers. During one of those coffee breaks at work (Oh yeah.. you need a lot of caffeine to survive in my job) we both felt that a get away trip is a must to break the monotonous life. Why not pack the bags and go on a road/rail trip? Thursday is holiday. Take Friday off and make it a looong weekend. Come back by Sunday night. Sounds existing. But where to? Well.. Why don't I show him around in the mallu land (aka Kerala - My too Own Country.. God please excuse)? Bonus - I get to visit home and Prashant gets a free tour guide as he can not speak or understand Malayalam (and that is what we mallus -- the people of Kerala -- speak when we know that the other person doesn't know anything about it.. kidding.. in fact a lot of us speak in English and some in Hindi too). Our goal - spent less and enjoy more! Done deal!
photo by: jayans