Disneyland Travel Blog

We all three drove to Disneyland (I beleive for the weekend). We stayed across the street and down a few blocks at a little motel. Now here is my advice for Disneyland: stay at a cheap motel within walking distance and buy your food at a local grocery store. Food at Disneyland is way overpriced and hardly filling, and Disneyland's own accomodations are always overpriced and probably overbooked.  The first thing we did when we got in town was stop at the grocery store a little ways away. We stocked up on food that we could keep at our motel in the mini-fridge. That way breakfast was always taken care of, we could come back to the motel for a little afternoon luncheon and siesta, go back to Disney after the afternoon heat and rush had died down a bit, and have something to eat when we got back that night. Of course we did eat out, no trip would be the same if you didn't. But this way you are not DEPENDANT on it.

Disneyland exceeded my expectations. It is truly the dream destination of every child and family. California adventure was probably the most romantice place I have been after dark. The boardwalk sparkles and I regret to this day that my now-husband Mike wasn't there to share it with me. That is the one reason I want to go back so badly. I never frowned when I was there; I didn't have one sad or morose thought. Everything was absolutely innocently miraculous. Even though a great portion of the rides and attractions are geared towards children, it was an absolute joy to be there. Commercials don't do it justice.

The only other comment I have is to say that the airport I flew into and out of was great! It was one of the cleanest I've seen. Of course I don't remember which one it was, but I was really pleasantly surprised.

photo by: Eric