Pattaya the Place for You?

Pattaya Travel Blog

On Xmas Eve in the town were parties and fireworks that in some cases went on until 3am, the heat kept me awake, a big contrast to when I was little and I'd be curled up in bed listening for the sound of reindeer on the roof.  My mom cooked a proper roast dinner which was nice and we all opened the few presents we had brought with us (bring on next Xmas).  I spent alot of the day in the swimming pool, which I made sure I informed my brother of when he rang to say merry Xmas.

Today saw a hunt for a new backpack, my current one falling apart far to fast for my liking - and I got to say if it was possible everyone should wait until Thailand to buy their bag, I found a great backpack for 15 pounds(sterling) so cheap and it's a really good one.
The heat here is unbelievable considering we're by the coast where the sea breeze should be cooling me down, no such luck.  This also not actually being their summer months yet!

Walking around Pattaya confirms all the things thay say about men looking for wives out here, everywhere you look there is an older european man with a young Thai woman - and down the side streets are all the 'nightclubs' open at midday with the women sat outside, with their fair share of lady boys and the odd lap dance on view as well.

Bangkok continues to be my favourite place so far and I certainly intend to go back and spend some more time there in the future.
1,957 km (1,216 miles) traveled