Neil Young Lives in Thailand

Kanchanaburi Travel Blog

The bridge over the River Kwai
Not much sleep doesn't do Faye any good.  Especially when I had to get up at 6.30 in the morning.  But it was all well worth it.  What a day.  First was a visit to the bridge over the River Kwai, I went under it, walked on it and went to a museum all about it.  Me and my dad walked along the bridge, along with many others all taking photos and and carefully avoiding each other on what seemed like a rickity old railway track.  It was when the train came along, blaring it's horn and slowly making it's way over the bridge where the real fun begins as everyone rushes to a side platform that allows people to not get run over.

After this came the elephants (not on the bridge) and me and my mom had a ride that took us round the forest and through the river.  And if that wasn't enough I then went to a forest monestery, where an Abbot has given a home to orphaned tigers.
It was a tour my parents had booked the day before, with a hyper active tour guide who sang us what seemed like the entire Neil Young Collection and a bus driver who performed some crazy driving skills.
War grave