Paris here we come!!

Paris Travel Blog

At the airport
We arrived giddy with excitement in Paris at about 2 or 3 in the afternoon. My crazy ass didn't sleep on the overnight plane was a little tired but mainly excited.
We stride through the terminal  and then catch a mini metro/tram to the main terminal and look for arrows and signs to point the way out until we figure out that everything is in English and we can still read things. Security was a breeze and luggage was easy as well. What was not quite so easy was getting out of the airport.
We have to ask info for directions to out hotel. Luckily it was off a metro exit and we could just take the train. I head us into a couple wrong wways before we finally find the train station.
We buy tickets and are on our way. We hit the Nord station and have to change trains which turned into a long hassle as well. We finallyhave tickets and get our luggage through and hop over the gates. We make it on the metro and find out exit. It was lovely carrying up the luggage up the stairs. There's a reason my luggage is thrased and needs to get thrown away.
Our hotel is basically on the corner of the street at the Avron station and we walk right up and check in and drop the bags. The room is lovely if a bit smaller that we anticipated but hey we didn't come to Paris for the rooms.

We head back to the metro and go greet the Effiel Tower. Now as we are on the metro I am starring out and keep catching glimpses of it as we pass. The exit we wanted was closed for repairs so we took the next one and let the light in the sky be out guide.
The bestest bar Right next door~!
We come around a building and the tower is there in all its glory welcoming us to Paris. Now it felt like a vacation. We are walking next to the river continually taking pictures when it starts blinking lights. Its performs this show for us and we are really overjoyed. The light show continues as we walk towards it and then underneath it and then keep going. Really neither Su or myself wanted to go to the top. I have this scared of heights thing and well we've both been to the top of the Empire State Building at night and know that its just windy and cold and the pictures just don't come out. We may be lame but we passed. We walked down the lane until we hit this I dunno what you'd call it. Momument, Memorial, statue, pretty thing?? It was these poles and walls covered in words in different languages.
Our maps and wine.. olives too.
In English it said peace. It was really pretty to look at. (and take pictures of the tower though)

We continued our walk  to nowhere on a search for food. We can never find food in any country and we were determined to find something good here. We find a restaurant called Metropolitan and we go sit in the smoking section. Our pathetic french is useless as they understand our English better. We have some food, Su got the Rosetto and I had some Penne Pasta. We smoked and ate and had calimari rings.
It was a lovely start to Paris. We hopped the metro and went back to our area. Then we stopped at the corner to go to this little bar we had checked out. We walked in and had a few waiters starring at us. They were super helpful. The bartender kept asking if we wanted help and tips as to where to go in the city.
For some reason we were tired and just didn't want to deal so we didn't take him up on his offer. We each got a glass of wine and they brouht us olives. We threw out our maps and books all over the table and tried to plan the next few days. We ordered another glass of wine each and started smoking and laughing.. then we order our third glass of wine each and they looked at us like we were incredible for drinking that much. We are just lushes. We finished our drinks and then rather happily walked next door to the hotel and plopped into bed and said goodbye to night 1.
emmllerg says:
Enjoy your next vacation to Paris
Posted on: Jun 02, 2013
supak00 says:
I remember acting like complete dorks when the lights started going beserk-o. haha Walking thru the tunnel to the Eiffel Tower...that was my first favorite moment. That and the WINE AND BEER on the airplane n the dirty look the flight attendant gave me lol
Posted on: Feb 15, 2008
CrazyLisa says:
That does make it so awesome doesn't it. I think just the fact that the Eiffel Tower is so iconic for Paris just makes it all seem real!
Posted on: Jan 23, 2008
The Metro at Avron
The Metro at Avron
Our little hotel room
Our little hotel room
Balancing in front of the light sh…
Balancing in front of the light s…
Su and I are in there somewhere