Ohhh Jim!

Paris Travel Blog

A long road back
This day was out last in Paris. We would wave goodbye to this city, a city that opened my eyes to my own fear and prejudices and welcomed me in. Wow. We really just left this day for filler. To walk around and enjoy without the hustle and bustle of getting somewhere.
One thing I had to do was to visit Jim Morrison's gravesite. It might be cliche and touristy but my dad as a fan and it would make him happy. Hell I'm a fan and it made me happy.
We took the metro over. It really wasn't far from our stop at Avron. (But would have been a long walk) We popped out and joined a small group of people starring the map trying to find our favorite person. I took a picture of it actually to help.
The map of the graves
We sstrolled through. It was an amazing cemetary. I'm so used to just a plot and then a flat headstone. Only in old cemetaries are there headstones that pop out and are so big. These were like little rooms built. Families were buried together. Some were very ornate, some just gentle; an angel watching over them, a man reaching for the heavens. You could hear the birds in the trees and the ground crunch underneath your feet. Very hallowed.
We got lost. I knew where to go but was just one row too far. Then I asked some guy walking by and we were pointed in the right direction. I expected something more. It was a simple headstone. There was a fence around it so you could get close but not too close. I'd heard that crappy toursts had ruined graves around him with grafitti and the like and was so incredibly happy to see that that was not the case (probably repaired).
I liked this one.
This man had led such al ife. He had such a following. He followed his heart to Paris and finished his days there. Tragic.
We walked our way back out. Stopping at neat graves and such. We poppedout and went to the restaurant across the street as I am sure most do.
Lunch consisted of the longest skinniest Pannini that I have ever seen. It was pretty yummy though. There was a deal of a drink, Coffee for me, a pannini and a crepe for some odd amount I can no longer remember. yum!!
The day was sort of gray. The first since we had been there. We just sat looking out and enjoying this city. It felt like it was sad to see us leave. We hopped the metro and headed over to St. Germain to walk around. Well we actually found the Notre Dame and Su was decided that we would get bikes and ride around.
Jim Morrison
Well I wasn't so sure about it. It was cold and a little wet out. Well she finally convinced me and we tried. Put in the credit cards and all and the machine laughed at us. It said no way jose. Su was a bit sad but we decided to make the best of it and walk around some more. We wanted to find Cafe De Flore. Itw as in the guidebook and so off we walked. And promptly got lost. Oops. We got to the Jardin de Luxemborg before realizing the mistake. We turned when we should have went straight and missed it by a long shot. We turned around and finally made it back. We saw our first Christmas market. We weren't that thrilled. I was waiting on Berlin for it. We hop inside the Cafe and I order the most expensive hot chocolate of my life. It was their specialty and it was 8 Euro.
Cafe de Flore
Wow. BUt I must say nothing has ever tasted so chocolately ever. This shit was good. make me all warm and fuzzy inside. wow. We ordered a pastry to sit and enjoy.
I picked something called blindis cause i liked the name, Su got toaste something. We laugh when we get our dessert. Mine is like a cold pancake with hard ass butter to put on it. Plus no fork. Is this a finger food? Am I an idiot for ordering it? Am I an idiot for not knowing how to eat it? Well yes on both really. Su's dessert was this long long skinny piece of toasted hard bread. You can only laugh at us.
I spent the rest of the time sneaking bites of the blindi with my fingers. haha and then lavishing myself with the yummy chocolate.
We finally Headed back toward the hotel. We stopped at the bar next door to have a few drinks as we still had time. Then time passed, we grabbed our luggage, took two metros over and finally made it to our last stop in Paris.
We had an overnight train to Berlin. It didn't give us too long between the announcing of the gate and then leaving but we made it on and were good to go. We both had the bottom bunks. There were 6 bunks total. Unable to sleep we left our things and went to the meal train and ate a baked potato with beer. We can't wait to see more of what Europe has to offer us.
Still gets flowers
Still gets flowers
Just a look at some graves
Just a look at some graves
A center courtyard
A center courtyard
Mausoleum
Mausoleum
Is it freaky that that one is fall…
Is it freaky that that one is fal…
Panini
One last drink before we leave
One last drink before we leave
Getting comfy in our bunks
Getting comfy in our bunks
It wasnt a whole lot of room
It wasn't a whole lot of room
Our first German beer
Our first German beer
Its a potato I swear it is.
Its a potato I swear it is.
The most expensive hot chocolate e…
The most expensive hot chocolate …
Who ordered pancakes?