Just a short Intro

Los Angeles Travel Blog

My friends and I usually try to travel somewhere once a year. This year was coming to an end when I convinced my friend Su to go on vacation with me even though it would just be the two  of us. Then we started planning and when I was getting out of control with the travel plans instead of reining me in she encouraged me.

We found a fabulous deal on europeandestinations.com and got the airfare from Los Angeles to Paris, then from Prague back to Los Angeles (three different planes though), plus the hotels with breakfast in each city and then the overnight train trip from Paris to Berlin and then train from Berlin to Prague for $1400. Everything worked out exactly as planned and we had a blast.

Into over!!

Thursday I worked a half day (trying to save all the vacaton days I had) I was mainly packed and had everything ready to go. I had my mom come and pick me up and take me to the airport. We picked up Su along the way (friend since 7th grade, love her to pieces). We checked in and then promptly tried to turn out luggage into the wrong area. We were flying Air France and tried to give out luggage to Air Canada. That would have been a sorry surprise.

We went through security and found ourselves with 2 plus hours to sit and wait for the plan. Our course the only resturant in the terminal with alcohol was our choice. The service was lousy and time consuming. BUt we grabbed out beers and planned out out first leg of the trip - Paris.

We loaded onto the plane about 6:45 and were on our way. We got dinner and then breakfast. And I unfortunately had a woman I wanted to rip her hair out as she sat in front of me the whole trip with her chair reclined as far back as it would go. Which was in my lap of course. My knees were already in her chair (I'm kind of a tall girl) the guy behind me was taller than I and I couldn't get my chair to recline because his knees were even more in the back of my chair. Excitement and crappy seating left absolutely no sleeping on this over night trip. I did however, watch movies and listen to my Ipod. Yay for electronic entertainment.

SoloSister says:
I hate the check in and wait story...
Posted on: Dec 28, 2007
X_Drive says:
Enjoy, enjoy, enjoy! :)
Posted on: Dec 27, 2007
lauro says:
but its a nice deal liz!!!!!!!!!!!!! 1400 dollars NOT BAD at all!!!
Posted on: Dec 27, 2007