Taking Bart to see the big Christmas tree in Union Square

San Francisco Travel Blog

BART train

The day before a few of us met up at Ate Jasmin's house to hang out.  We snacked, iTuned, admired the new laptop, travbuddied, and made plans to meet again the next day to go ice skating at the Kristy Yamaguchi Ice Skate Rink since Alma would be showing around one of her friends/co-worker since she will be leaving to go to Boston the next morning.  We all agreed.

Exciting.. I was going to go ice skating again.  I told my friends/co-workers that I will be going ice skating again today.  The whole day went by and and I was counting the minutes till the clock striked 5p.  When it finally did I said my "good-byes," "see you tomorrow," and "have a great night," and I was off.

Met up with the sister, and we had the brother drop us off at BART, Fremont BART to be exact, so that we could meet up with the girls in SF.

Bay Area Rapid Transit
  I hadn't taken BART in awhile.  I love it, I love not having to drive through traffic and be stressed over finding parking, or having to pay for parking in one of the garages.  I didn't know what I wanted to do, either listen to my iPod or nintendo ds game-it.  Sister wanted to play texas hold 'em on the DS so I plugged my earbuds in and started to play that funky music. =)

The Bay Area Rapid Transit filled up of course with many travellers/commuters.  Kids/teens, working women and men all getting on after a long day at work, all aboard with their own specific destinations.  My destination was Embarcadero BART stop in SF.  We had to take the Richmond train because at the time there were no more direct trains to San Francisco and we would have to transfer in Bayfair, San Leandro.

Checking out the train lines
  Once we got off at Bayfair to wait for the next SF train funny thing happened.  I saw my cousin get off the other train that just arrived at Bayfair stop, she works in SF and her destination was home after work, in San Lorenzo which is a neighbor city to San Leandro.  It was too funny, she too had her iPod on and did not hear me when I yelled out her name.  But finally noticed when I pretty much ran up to her.  And she wondered what the heck was I doing at the Bayfair BART.  So I briefly went into the plans for the night and said I would talk to her later, she probaly wanted to get home already, so of course I respected that, and she was on her way.  Shortly after, our train came.
the tracks
  We got a call to tell us to get off at Powell St., SF instead of Embarcadero.  That instruction in itself told us that we would not be ice skating today..  sadness =( .. but that's okay of course there are always reasons for why things happen, and I just knew we had other plans in store besides ice skating. =)

We arrived at our stop, Powell St.  Went up to meet everyone at the food court area, where we were glad to go since we were starving.  I had chicken pad thai, basil chicken and a soda pop.  I forgot the name of the place but it was course delicious, I'm glad because I hate when I get things that I don't like and make other people eat it, especially if I'm hungry.  After eating our dinner we decided to get a cream puff from "Beard Papa,"  I don't usually get them but for some reason I wanted one.

We walked around the Nordstrom Center, I got a few little things at H&M and we decided to get some fresh air. =)  We made our way up the street to Union Square where we were excited to be taking our little tourist to see the Christmas tree that stands 85-feet high, magnificently lit with Christmas lights and ornaments.  It looked so pretty.  I took a few pics, they took many since she had never seen it before.  While we waited patiently, I watched all the people around me smiling, and laughing, talking and taking photos of the beautiful surroundings.

It was getting close to that time for us to leave the city and head back to the East Bay.  When we saw the cute little red heart in front of Saks Fifth Ave.  We had to go see it and of course take pictures of it.

platform with all the peoples
  It was "Tony Bennett's 'heart' left in San Francisco" too cute.  While I took the picture of it, right next to it there was man dressed as santa and his dog dressed as a reindeer.  That was too funny.  Looked like they were packing up for a full nights work, and I'm not sure if they had tricks they had performed earlier but I found it too cute not to take picture of them.

And we were off.  Good-bye for now San Francisco.  We went to the garage where my friends parked their car and started driving out of the city.  We ended up in Palo Alto, where we dropped off my friend's friend, and she thanked us for a great night, and that it was a pleasure to meet us.  We were glad she had a good time.  We then made our way across the Dumbarton Bridge to end up in the City of Newark.  Home sweet home. =)

DS time =)
DS time =)
and were on the BART
and we're on the BART
Tony Bennett left his heart in S…
Tony Bennett left his "heart" in …
San Francisco Restaurants, Cafes & Food review
Cream puffs.. "magically delicious" ..sometimes I want one.. sometimes I don't. This day I wanted one =). This Beard Papa shop is conveniently locat… read entire review