Great wall - December 2007

Great Wall Travel Blog

View from second tower

As none of me and colleges speak Chinese, we just decided to take one day tour from the Hotel to go to Great Wall & Ming Thomb…easier!

The tour basically was just 5 of us in the small bus. We went to the closest great wall section – not sure what is the exact name, but the big area called Bedaling. It was still early around 8AM we were already there, after 40 minutes bus ride. Which is good not many people yet! This section was like a square castle, with houses for the soldiers in the middle. Once we arrive, we thought we would do the square..hehehe

We took the right side of the square. The challenge started during climbing to the first tower. The inclination was quiet high! Probably 40 deg or something like that.

camps
I was almost stop breathing. I suggest you guys exercise more before coming here. No wonder, our tour guide didn’t want to go with us…she had been there many times! And it was so cold! For Indonesian like us, who have warm shiny weather all the year..having this 0 degC was hell..

Well, we survived to climb up to the forth tower..

I really enjoyed the scene here. Fresh air, nice view, took pictures, then continue climbing again..This wall are massive! Imagine the Chinese dynasties build it. How did they carry all this stone? Some of the part are still original, but some section are reconstruction. Maybe because it was winter, the hills are grey, but it was still beautiful.

In the forth tower, there is a souvenir shop selling the “certificate to climb the great wall”..Well, I don’t need that but something funny to find this..

As the run getting higher, people started to climb. Good time for us to went down..but never think that went down is easier:D
Other side of wall