Hello hot weather... hello jet lag

Perth Travel Blog

I have finally stepped foot into Australia. Upon leaving New Zealand I really had no idea what I was in for, especially the fact that I was in for a 7 1/2 plane ride, a 5 hour time difference and weather that I thought must result in melting. I was all prepared to walk through customs with my file folder of visa, passport and all types of paperwork.... and when I got up to the customs officially he just laughed at my file folder organization and didn't check anything! Which is fine, though particularly frustrating seeing the fiasco I had to go through in order to get my return flight out of Australia while in Auckland because I figured they wouldn't let me into the country without it. Nah, they didn't care, or even look at it for that matter. Regardless it was great to walk off the plane and see Elise there to greet me. She informed me her mother had bought tons of crackers and peanut butter for my arrival... a staple of my diet. That night I was exausted but was wide awake from about 2AM to 5AM... I guess I didn't realize that I would be so jet lagged. The first day I was just so tired and hot that I really didn't have the energy to really apreciate the city... however, we leave for Bussleton tomorrow so hopefully I am able to wake up!

Perth