Caves, wine and cereal!

Busselton Travel Blog

by the harbor
We arrived in Bussleton late in the afternoon. Elise's cousin Rachelle had invited us to come stay with her which was really sweet. Bussleton is really nice, it's a cute little town on the water. Their claim to fame is having the longest wooden jetty dock in Western Australia, nearly 1.5K long. That night we walked around town and had a nice dinner outside. The next morning we left bright and early to travel down and see the caves. We traveled down to see Jewel Cave, taking fun photos along the way. When we arrived at Jewel Cave we were a bit early for our tour so we waited outside and watched the tour group before us emerge. They were all exausted and out of breath, which made Elise and I question what exactly we had gotten ourselves into. Upon entering the cave we realized why they were all so tired: there are millions of stairs leading into and out of the cave, that combined with the fact that there is less oxygen underground left many people out of breath.
Jewel Cave
The caves were stunning. They had lights in places to illuminate all the different parts of the cave. The daughter of the man who found the cave was even married down there (which I found a little claustrophobic)... however, it would be really beautiful. Although, our tour guide was quick to point out that she got divorced... so maybe getting married in a cave is not your best idea. In the afternoon we went around to a winery, the cereal factory and the chocolate factory. The cereal factory was my personal favorite... it had a make your own muesli section and a whole range of nuts and dried fruit. I bought honey coated cashews which were wonderful. We arrived back at Rachelle's just in time to beat the rain. I was really excited about the rain because people told me that it would be less muggy after a good rain.... we shall see.
the LONGEST jetty