First day in New Zealand

Piha Travel Blog

so we arrived in Auckland today after the slightly weird experience of leaving Santiago at 12.15am Monday morning, going across a time zone to go back to sunday, then time catching up so it was monday again, before crossing the international date line and jumping a day ahead landing at 4am tuesday morning!

First experiences of New Zealand were absolutely as expected - nicest custom's official ever, followed by nicest rental car attendant, then a great car, great roads, nice scenery as we travel through a national park, more friendly people helping us get to Piha where we're now staying for the next 3-4 days.

Piha is a a gorgeous and peaceful little town surrounding a stunning beach with great waves just 45mins outside of Auckland. Today we're mainly chilling and sleeping in our backpackers- the Piha Beachstay - its about 10 mins walk from the beach and nestled in the tropical mountains that surround the beach. I'l be going for a surf a bit later and then back for an early night I'm guessing

life is sweet
lowellequalls says:
Again, one of my dream future trips - to NZ! Brandon's been. Now you. I can't wait to see it! My brother-in-law goes once or twice a year, and has invited me. Think I should take him up on it? Ha!
Posted on: Feb 28, 2008