sparing about

Woodbridge Travel Blog

Dad and I went for a wander, or in Dadish, to spare around a bit.  Dad is actually pretty good to go travelling with, as he speaks fluent "give me alcohol," is good at making friends, and doesn't get too stressed when you get distracted by a sign and want to take photos of random flowers.  We went for a drive to North Essex and South Sussex.  Both places are underrated, which is a shame because they're actually really pretty.  Dedham Vale is where Constable did a lot of his paintings, if you're into art. The church has an original painting he did, unusually, of Christ.  It's really soppy.  Not at all my thing.  But the church is impressive.  Dad, who is a preacher, started chatting to the nice man who shows people round, and I wandered about a bit and lit a candle for a friend.  Then we went up to Woodbridge to the Adnams wine and cook shop.

Adnams is a brewery in Suffolk, that makes cask ale.  The good stuff.  It's nice.  The wine and cook shop is stunning, and I got my mum a casserole dish which is not as bad a gift as it sounds, because for the last few weeks I've been getting loads of texts from her about what she's been cooking in it.  As I am slightly obsessed with cooking stuff, dad had quite a hard job removing me from the store.  But it's quite good.  After that we crossed the ever-impressive Orwell Bridge and went home.

photo by: Besandri