New Year's Eve

Coventry Travel Blog

Me, on my way to Coventry

This New Year's Eve, I went to my friend Amy's boyfriend Nick's house for a Vegas party.  In the photo of me on the train, you can see what my outfit was meant to look like - I was being a classy high roller with big hair - that lasted about two cocktails before I decided it was a good idea to show Amy what a Jitsu front roll looked like, which I failed to do because I am a little out of practice at indoor gymnastics!  You can also see that I had already had a glass of wine.  I felt I deserved it - the rail companies had decided that it was a good idea to close half the network, and my train journey had involved serious amounts of shivering on platforms because there are no direct trains between Swindon and COventry at the best of times.

Poker
  I got a cab to Nick's house, and dumped my stuff upstairs.  The party was great - loads and loads of interesting cocktails, poker and roulette at a £2 buy in (I got distracted by something shiny and wandered off to the kitchen at that point - texas hold em's not my game, baby!), and Nick's friends are lovely.  Except, as it has turned out, that some person or another took my phone and texted texts of a sexual nature to some of my male contacts, and I am really upset about that.  I don't know if they realised that one of the texts went to a co-worker - luckily a friendly one, but they could have really damaged my career.  So if you go to a party, keep your phone somewhere very secure even if you're totally surrounded by friends and friends of friends.  You'd think I'd know that by now.  Today I had to phone all those contacts and apologise.

New Year's day, I was remarkably hangover free.  I don't think I actually drank too much for once.  AMy and I got ourselves sorted out and drive back.  She suggested we come off the motorway and take the Fosseway down through the Cotswolds, so that's what we did.  The countryside is stunning round there, with lovely yellow stone villages and rolling hills.  We got some Italian food in an Ask (chain restaurant, but a good one) on the way home.  I need to spend more time in that direction before the summer clogs the roads!

sarahelaine says:
What, the texts? Yeah, kinda cast a pall on my birthday. I am still keeping an eye out for the weasel in question!
Posted on: Feb 03, 2008
londonstudent says:
What absolutely sickening behaviour; that sort of stupidity makes me really really angry :( Grrrrr...
Posted on: Feb 03, 2008