Meeting Uncle Bruce

Punta del Este Travel Blog

Uncle Bruceee!

Today the weather wasn´t great - maybe that's because my Uncle Bruce from Oregon is coming today and bringing the Oregon weather with him.  No, that couldn't be it because Uncle Bruce is now living in Panama with GREAT weather!

I didn't really mind the clouds and rain, actually, because I was pretty tired from last night.  AND, I decided I needed more new shirts so it was a perfect day to go shopping.  I bought two more shirts.  Fannnncy!

At 5pm I walked down to meet Uncle Bruce at his Hotel Bonne Etoile.  And there he was relaxing in a chair on the patio, looking very....Panamanian, I guess!?  We chatted for a bit and then decided to rest up and reconvene at 9pm for dinner.

We chose Baretto for dinner - an italian place in El Puerto district.  Then, I of course had to show him what's now become my local pub - Moby Dick.  Taking me up on my invitation, Rocio showed up at 2:30am.  We chatted for a bit over a $12 dollar vodka/Red Bull. (Yes that's U.S. dollars because they charge us for the vodka and the Red Bull separately as two $6 drinks; and no, it's actually not Red Bull, but X4, Speed, or Nitro - take your pick.)  Bruce eventually left to get   Rocio and I stayed out for a bit longer.  When it started raining, though, she had to head home on her moped before the storm really started.  Being the gentleman I am, I walked her to her moped, watched her put on like 14 layers of clothing to waterproof herself, and bid her goodnight.  I headed home as well.

Punta del Este