To La Barra Or Not

Punta del Este Travel Blog

Again today I slept through the morning and got up at 1:30pm.  I poked around town as usual, dropping by Mia Sushi for coffee and chit chat with Rocio and Felipe.

That evening, now on my own again, I headed back to Moby Dick.  Sitting at the bar, I met Felipe #2, Carlos, and Nikolas.  We hung out for a bit.  They were going to head off to La Barra, a beach-scene by day and disco/club scene by night.  It was about 10km away.  The "scene" had just started, now that the high season is here (post Xmas).

Side note:  As evidence of the high season, today I noticed a huge influx of Brazilians.  Wow.  I guess now that Christmas has passed, they come down here to party.  The women (and men) are very good looking - tanned and toned and dressed to kill.

Anyway, I wasn´t up to La Barra tonight.  So I stayed at Moby Dick while the gang went without me.  That was ok because Mody Dick turned out to be pretty fun too.  Felipe from Mia Sushi showed up, so he and I talked to a few new friends, including Martina whose friends included a monther/daughter team and a few guys (one of whom was dating Gabi from Moby Dick).  Finally, Felipe and I headed home - stopping by Les Delices cafe for breakfast at 6am.  Oddly enough, ran into Ana and her friends again!  PDE is a pretty small place / small world!

Punta del Este