Macau - Food Lover's Paradise

Macau Travel Blog

20 Dec is the Hand-over Anniversary Day of Macau. So, Ophe got a single holiday and we hang out together in noon (since it was almost 11:00am when we all woke up).

We went for high-tea at Margaret's Cafe e Nata in a back alley of central Macau, just a short walk from the Grand Lisboa Casino in the direction of Senado Square. Also, one thing that I just can't miss everytime I'm visiting Macau: "Macau Pork Chop Bun". You can find this delicacy at many famous restaurants and delis, but we recommend the smaller and older dim sum places for the most authentic taste. I used to go Restaurant Victoria (勝利茶餐廳) on Rua dos Mercadores (營地大街) in central Macau. They serves up a hearty half-inch thick filet which will satisfy any appetite. (Yummy!! :p)

So, we went back home for a nap and continue our "food adventure tour" in the evening. We went to a Japanese Restaurant at Crown Hotel named Tenmasa which specific in Tenpura. I like Japanese Food but never get used to those fried food like Tenpura. u know wat? Thank god, Ophe had bring me here and I tried the marvellous Tenpura ever. It's totally different!! (even better than those in Japan)  Very impressive!! Of course its quite pricy that cost around HK$1000 per head for a standard course.

We went back to MGM Hotel (Ophe would hv to take her on-site business investigation) becasue it's the first day of the Live Brand arranged at M Bar. We got there around 11:00 pm and saw a group of 4 was about to on stage. They are all in formal dressing, 3 men + 1 OL (yes, she really dressed like a Office Lady with her heels & skirt + blouse). 2 brazilians while 1 palying electronic guitar and the other is the drummer. The main vocal come from an OL and chorus bsupported by a french guy (he looks sooo cool. I mean he is really cool to all the ppl but only keep smiling to the OL) with his saxophone. Well, the OL really got an amazing voice. She performed very well in Blues. Enjoyed much and we finally invited them for a toast. She called Jessica (got her name card and suprised that her contact number is a China Mobile). Jessica and her brand used to run around the pubs in the Greater China (mainly base at Shanghai). They actually will stay at MGM for one and a half month from 10 to 1 everynight except Sunday. If you are visiting Macau during the time, you absolutely should check it out at MGM. I m sure u gonna luv it.  (By the way, the cool french guy has married to Jessica. No wondered he would juz smiling/ winking at Jessica but none of others).