Back to Paris

Paris Travel Blog

August 25 is when the rest of the EAP students arrive. Me and the gang head back up to Paris for orientation. Not before we miss a train however. Its there that I meet some other good friends who will staying in Lyon. We go through introductions, and start our tourism. From the start me and Vincent "Vinny" get along well, and he shows me his recordings and photos in the hostel.

The first night the whole gang of us decide to go out to a club on the Champs Elysees. First stop, a bar. Second stop, a club. However, we are rejected from the club for not being gay enough. Moments earlier some guy got socked while running away from bouncers at the same club. Mark almost starts a fight with a bouncer, and I'm quite proud of myself for diffusing the situation.

So we head over to a Salsa bar, and I meet more people. This place was amazing, from the set-up to the sunken dance floor. I try out some salsa, people are unimpressed. But some chick did grind with me ( the hot loose one ). After a few hours there, everyone was impressed with Ryan, the great salsa dancer frat guy. We leave and Mark tries to freestyle rap with some bohemians we meet along the way. I remember being a little embarassed.

Then we walk for a mile, given that the subways are closed, and decide to camp out on a street corner for a few hours until the subway opens. I remember vividly William, this giant guy, sleeping on a small gnoll and looking like a hobo. 10 girls and 10 guys laying on some warm subway vents basically. We must have gotten home and slept.
photo by: Sweetski