Fitness Rally 2007

Philadelphia Travel Blog

George Washington was tall, or am I that short???

Drove in to Center City Phila.  We stayed at the Omni in Center City.   I was amazed as to how clean everything was and how safe I felt the entire time no matter what time of day or night it was.  It has dramatically changed since the 80's and 90's.  We had our first night introductory dinner to talk about what our agenda was for the week.  This time there were not that many of us participants, but nonetheless, we did a lot of sight seeing along with the fitness portion aspect of our Rally.

We had our morning speed walks, our morning Yoga, and our morning Tai Chi.  After that we did our walking tours to see the city.  We went to the South Philly Markets,  which are always the ultimate favorite in Philadelphia.  Of course we at at the best Philly Cheese Steak place Philadelphia has to offer.  What is a trip to Philadelphia without enjoying "The Philly CheeseSteak"!!!!!

We had to make up a lot of walking after eating all the fat that is in those.

We did a historical haunted walk thru the cememtery one evening and I was even a little scared listening to those tales.  I don't know how true they are,  but I am sure there is some truth to those tales.

George Washington was tall,  or am…
George Washington was tall, or a…
Eastern State Penitentiary Cell
Eastern State Penitentiary Cell
Cats of Eastern State Penitentiary
Cats of Eastern State Penitentiary
Philadelphia Sights & Attractions review
Enjoyable sight seeing by trolley
Central Philadelphia is quite a beautiful place to go now. It is much cleaner than what one would expect since the 1980's. We stayed at the Omni Hot… read entire review
Philadelphia Sights & Attractions review
I also went to Eastern State Penitentiary in Oct 2007. Al Capone had the nicest cell of all. There were pets for the inmates to include a dog named … read entire review
photo by: Ann_Hells