Richter Scale

San Jose Travel Blog

The office, pre-wobble
It would seem I have been involved in an earthquake. Now, at the moment, I live in the offices where I work.  I don´t mean I have a mattress under my desk, just that they have a dorm in the attic for volunteers.  I sleep on a shelf. Where the angle of the roof begins to meet the wall, they have built protubing flat, bed-shaped shelves.  It is quite comfy.

Anyway, this is incidental to the story.  At 6.30 pm, my shelf shook violently from side to side for about 2 seconds, I thought someone was trying to wake me. Do you know when you shake a box of matches, the insides have that particular motion as they hit opposite sides of the matchbox.  That´s what being in a minor earth tremor is like. It´s kind of cool.  The boss man seems to think that if it was local, it was about a 5.5.  Not like the 7.5 one in 1991 that knocked stuff down all over the place.  Travel to the Caribbean coast was curtailed for two years after that tiger.
twilk76 says:
and that is really all that matters
Posted on: Apr 24, 2008
Higton says:
Yeah, but my cock is bigger than yours.
Posted on: Dec 05, 2006
Mattyhill says:
That sounds crap. We had a 4.8 in Manchester a couple of years ago and not only did my office shake but I saw the sky move out of the window. I saw a Tornado off the coast of suffolk a couple of weeks back and I have a spot on my back as big as that volcano you took a picture of. Danger? Pah!!
Posted on: Dec 04, 2006