Sangre De Christo Arts Center

Pueblo Travel Blog

Pueblo has a budding artistic community, from I have been told. I can't blame an artist for wanting to relocate out to colorado and paint the colors and light. out here is some of the most beautiful landscape one could hope to see in the states.

The art center was a lovely surprise. I didn't even know it existed when I set out to explore the downtown area. I just happened to see it right next to the interstate and immediately took the first exit..

Admissions was $4 for adults and the art center was connected to both a theatre and childrens museum. The center was three stories high with two floors filled with art and a small gallery on the lower level for art. The work displayed when I visited was very impressive. I read that there as a local regional exhibit and was expecting more hobbyist or college level art, but instead I was greeted with a gallery full of some very talented work. There were themes that I would normally pass by in a gallery that were treated in a way that I couldn't walk by. needless to say, I was impressed!

SOme example of the artwork i took with my iPhone.

After the art center I wandered around the city a bit and saw more public artwork along the streets. I love a town that embraces art as an integeral part of their culture!

for more info on the Sangre De Christo art center click here