Rubin Art Museum

New York Travel Blog

The Rubin Museum of Art is one of my favorites to visit when in NYC.

I was introduced to the Museum years ago on a class trip for my Museum Education course. Throughout the semester our professor would set up museum trips to most of the major museums in NYC, but the Rubin stood out the most for me for its gorgeous collection of its Himilayan art, from ancient objects to contemporary artworks. I found this museum to be one of the most peaceful museums in NYC.

It is located on 17thstreet and 7thave and a must see if you love Buddhist and Hindi artwork!

My most recent visit to the Rubin was in Feb of 2013. My friend RJ and I arrived in NYC after an adventurous road trip from New Orleans.

Lucky for us we got a good deal on our entrance fees. Half price after 5 pm. The museum closed at 6 pm and an hour was enough time to explore the three floors of exhibits. It’s a small museum despite the three different levels. Photography was allowed on some floors and the two of us enjoyed the mix of ancient and contemporary works of art. The cultures mostly range from India, Nepal, Tibet, Thailand, Parts of China and Burma. Masks, sculptures, tapestries and paintings.

I never get bored of this museum! J

Zagnut66 says:
Another place to add to my NYC bucket list!
Posted on: Aug 24, 2013