The Last Full Day

Bangkok Travel Blog

It is our last full day in Thailand and I am ready for bed. We were up at 5:45 am and were in the resort van heading for the pier at six. It was a fast ride because no one else was up that early. We bought the ferry tickets and boarded the ferry. It was an hour and half ride to Surat Thani and Andrea spent it sleeping because she didn’t want to get sea sick. I wasn’t able to sleep so I read. The water was pretty calm and the ride was nice.

The bus ride on the other hand wasn’t the greatest. I was moody because I hadn’t had breakfast and I was tired. There was an Italian couple sitting behind us that would not shut up! They talked for an hour and a half…non stop…the entire ride. They didn’t bother to lower their voices either. Here was a bus full of tired tourists who wanted to sleep and/or relax and they couldn’t because the couple in the last row of seats was not bothering to keep their voices down. During the bus ride I kept noticing the flags were at half mass but I had no idea why.

Andrea and I headed to the restaurant and got some food in our systems. The flight was short. At the Bangkok Airport, Andrea and I finally found some souvenirs to take back to our schools. (It is a tradition in Japan, if you travel some where you bring back a gift for your coworkers.) We bought our schools different types of chocolates. Each type was styled different. They had tuk-tuk shapes, elephant shapes, and flower shapes. They were the perfect gifts for our schools.

We checked into our hotel for the night and proceeded to relax. We read for an hour or so and then at 3:30pm we headed down to the ground floor to stop for some afternoon tea. While we were drinking our tea I found a paper and discovered that the King’s sister died the day before.

After our tea, I talked Andrea into letting me rent Transformers off the television and we relaxed for a couple of hours while we watched that. Dinner was delicious. We at a buffet restaurant and the food was first class. I can’t tell you what I ate because I was in a state of nirvana. All I know is that the potatoes were YUMMY!

After dinner we went back to our room, crawled into bed, and slept. Our flight is at 6:40am tomorrow morning. We should be back in Japan by 1:30pm.

photo by: halilee