Beach town in Northern Idaho?

Coeur d'Alene Travel Blog

I used Coeur d'Alene, Idaho as a stopping point for night's rest after a few days in Glacier and Waterton Lakes National Parks.  I was returning for a morning flight out of Spokane, Washington and thought that this little resort town looked like a more interesting to place to stay than Spokane.  I was pleasantly surprised.  The town sits on the banks/hillsides of beautiful Coeur d'Alene lake (I regret that I didn't take any pictures here).  The downtown has a nice medium size college town feel to it.  This was Labor Day weekend, and it was obvious that there were a lot of young people around soaking up the last days of summer.  The place seems to be a retreat that is the closest thing to a beach town within several hunderd miles.  And it definitely has the feel with the lazy pace of a relaxing summer vacation spot.  For anyone driving through, I would suggest a stop here if just to catch your breath and kick your heels up for a bit.
wbboy29 says:
I used to lived in Spokane for A LONG time. And you are so right about Coeur d'Alene, That town is BEAUTIFUL. Not sure if you new this or not, but back in the '90's the huge resort hotel there on the lake used to be among the top 10 resorts in the world and top 5 in the USA. It was even featured in an episode of "Lifestyles of the Rich & Famous" at one time, haha. Great resort and lake. :)
Posted on: Dec 20, 2007